Yorokonde! Review

No longer the Anime Blog you once knew. We review Anime, Manga, Games, Music, Dramas, Plays, Comic Books, Websites, TV Channels, what have you. Not bad, eh?

Friday, February 13, 2004

Let's All Face the Universal Hamster Truth...

Hi readers! Anki Shinzoutu here from way south. way waaaaaay south, and a few dozen kilometers east of Sydney Harbor. To say the least, Australian television (free television, anyway) has never taken its fair share of Japanese Animation. I mean, let's face it - there are well over two hundred animated series in circulation and these idiots have to take three of my non-favorites (and two semi-favorites) . First off, I'm stuck waking up to the horrible, horrible time of 7am simply to watch Crush Gear Turbo, which has very nice graphics and action, but I'm still waiting for the 'oomph' factor. After that we have Yu-Gi-Oh, which is popular, but as appealing to me as soggy cabbage. (try boiling one for longer than 10 minutes and you'll see [and smell] what I'm talking about) Switching with those two are Dragonball (GT, Z, Original, Hot and Crispy, whatever - this series has been to long in the running in my opinion, but hey, that's me...) and Pokèmon (which I actually follow, so I'll probably do reviews of that while I'm here. BUT! One particular series has managed to evade my heartless (almost) review of these animè, and that's Hamtaro.

That's right... Hamtaro. Why? Because he so damn cute.

Now, this could be the series' cuteness OR the fact that I'm desperate to award the medal to the first thing to grab my attention, but in any case I still like watching the series (it's also conveniently timed to show at 8am, wheeee...)

But who says these are the only Animè in Australia?

As the days go by I, part-time worker and full-time student Anki Shinzoutu, shall scour the western suburbs of Sydney far, wide, near and narrow, to bring you reviews on Anime, and not just Anime, but Manga and all things Jap I come across.

Oh, and if I do adopt a hamster and call him Hamtaro, ignore everything I write from that point, because it'll be pointless.

After all, what's the point of reading an anime review with value-added hamster?

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home